- Why CP
- Get Published!
- Christian Publishing
- Author Resources
- Touching the Heart of God Press Release
- Raising God's Girl Press Release
- Boy Preacher Press Release
- From Victory to Victory Press Release
- Breaking Through the Clouds Press Release
- Riddles Requiring Resolution Press Release
- Fearless Living Press Release
- One Day Closer to God Press Release
- My Journey to Healing Press Release
- Are You Attackable Press Release
- Serving God Press Release
- Train Up That Child Press Release
- Raising Kids That Succeed Press Release
- Parables of the Deer Press Release
- Fiery Darts Press Release
- God's Got This Press Release
- Getting Up When You are Down Press Release
- Among the Myrtle Trees Press Release
- PR IBPA Award
- Your Last Breath Press Release
- Lords or Servants Press Release
- Making Sense Out Of Life Press Release
- Mystery Accomplished Press Release
- Sammy Comes Home Press Release
- Heaven or Hell Press Release
- Granny's Rocker Press Release
- Treasures From the King Press Release
- Daddy, Do Cowboys Pray Press Release
- Author Help Links
- Podcasts & Videos
Getting Up When You Are Down
Author Manson Johnson shares what can be considered a life-instruction manual as he takes you through this practical guide for living through the hope offered in God’s word.
ORLANDO, FL – Growing up as a young black man in Mississippi during the Jim Crow-days of the 1950s and 1960s, Manson B. Johnson could have had little hope in his life. But, the son of college-educated parents who passed on their Christian beliefs to their children has a strong hope that is much more than just wishful thinking. Getting Up When You Are Down ($10.00, paperback, 978-1-936748-25-6) is Johnson’s book about a hope that has grown from that staunch faith and continues to buoy him throughout his life.
Drawing from Johnson’s own experiences in life as well as historical and biblical accounts, Getting Up When You Are Down offers practical ways for every reader to have a hope in life no matter the circumstances. In his book, Johnson provides evidence based on God’s Word that shows everyone can and should have hope in a world that often offers little reason to hope.
Johnson’s hope, however, is not superficial wishful thinking that is merely a desire for better luck, but a hope that gives meaning to his life and that of others. Getting Up When You Are Down is very much a life-instruction manual.
“I can truly say that my situations along the road that was chosen for me would not have come out in the winning lane of life if it had not been for my strong confidence and my deep hope in God,” Johnson writes in his book.
In Getting Up When You Are Down, Johnson says there are two types of hope: helpful hope and hurtful hope. The difference, he writes, is that helpful hope is generated by faith and accompanied by works, while hurtful hope is not. Helpful hope is built throughout a proactive life, Johnson writes, and his book offers the practical ways to have such a hope.
Johnson’s book is based on principles found throughout the Bible and anyone will find Getting Up When You Are Down a practical guide for living life through the hope offered in God’s Word.
“I want you to engage a little more hope in God and watch your life change in a productive and positive way. You cannot remain the same once you have completed reviewing the hope-in-God lessons provided in this book.”
After introducing himself and giving his reasons for having such a strong hope, Johnson defines hope and then gives readers 14 practical lessons for building that hope. He ends the book with Bible verses that assure readers of God’s promises to fulfill that type of hope.
Manson B. Johnson is a shepherd, a community leader and a ‘builder’. He is a coach to men and boys. For over 36 years he has given his energy and vision to building God’s Kingdom within the walls of his church, as well as outside the church, which is located in Houston, Texas.